Trail Post 1850 is an online journal depicting the “Old West.” Original short stories, essays, and anecdotes are showcased on an ongoing basis.
- Please take the time to read the About Us page and previous posts on the website to determine whether your submission is a fit for Trail Post 1850.
- There must be a historical basis or context for the content submitted. Ideally, the subject matter should cover the period between the years 1845-1910.
- Submissions should be 1,000 words or less.
- Contributors grant Trail Post 1850 first rights to post their material. You retain the rights to your work thereafter
- For consideration, paste your manuscript into the body of an email and send to email@example.com. Please do not include attachments.
- You may simultaneously submit your work to other journals. However, let us know once your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Please provide a bio of up to 50 words, including links to your web page or twitter account, for inclusion on the Contributors page.
- Links to online sources can be included so that that content can be referenced.
- Content or images submitted must not infringe on the copyrights of others.
- Trail Post 1850 does not offer compensation of any kind for materials submitted.
- It can take up to three months to read submissions from the date submitted.
- Tail Post 1850 may decide to edit your submission for simple spelling, grammar, etc.
>>Return to Homepage